Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thing #1 of 11.5

Wow! How exciting it would be if my students could learn like this. My role as the teacher would need to change along with my limited "tech toolbox" The burning question is can I rise to the occasion and guide my students in that direction. I definitely will try.
Student's role: To build their own personal "tech toolbox" and communicate effectively with others - Students would be in charge of their own learning, by gathering resources needed to understand the topic and reflecting about what they learned.
Teacher's role: Guidance, communication, encouragement- more like a "trail guide"
This is a daunting task. As a teacher, I would need to know the "trail" extremely well- what an exciting challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am impressed that you are now doing the 11.5 things - I didn't realize we could do both of them this summer. Did you just start doing them, or did you sign up to get credit for them as well?

    ReplyDelete